What are health and safety champions?
The 2015 National Agreement calls for every UBT to have a health and safety champion, helping create a safe, healthy and vibrant workplace. Are you a champion?
UBT health and safety champions will:
- Help their teams improve health and safety
- Be role models for their colleagues and KP’s members
- Have fun and make a difference!
Already a champion?
We help you by providing a new activity every month to do with your team, and a flier about it will be posted here. Or, look through past months for additional activities!
- Health and Safety Champions — November 2023 Focus Practicing gratitude can produce amazing results.
- Health and Safety Champions — October 2023 Focus Ergonomic tips for workplace well-being.
- Health and Safety Champions — September 2023 Focus Remember your health screenings.
- Health and Safety Champions — August 2023 Focus Making it safe to speak up.
- Health and Safety Champions — July 2023 Focus Tips for eating well for good health.
- Health and Safety Champions — June 2023 Focus Tips for safe patient handling.
- Health and Safety Champions — May 2023 Focus Tips for self-care, supporting others and fostering a culture that makes mental health and wellness priorities for your team.
- Health and Safety Champions — April 2023 Focus Tips for defusing conflicts and the potential for workplace violence.
- Health and Safety Champions — March 2023 Focus Some tips for recognizing co-workers for their outstanding work.
- Health and Safety Champions — February 2023 Focus Here are some ways to prevent slips, trips and falls in the workplace.
- Health and Safety Champions — January 2023 Focus Tips for renewing your health in the new year.
- 2022 Fliers Champion fliers from 2022.
Want to Be a Champion?
- What Are UBT Health and Safety Champions? This poster lists duties of UBT health and safety champions.
- Be a UBT Health and Safety Champion Every team needs a health and safety champion.
- FAQs About UBT Health and Safety Champions What's the champions' role? Get your questions answered.
- Tracking Health and Safety Champions Hints for using UBT Tracker for health and safety champions.
- UBT Health and Safety Champions Reference Guide Become a spark plug for change in your department.
- UBT Health and Safety Champion Award Certificate Give a shoutout to your health and safety champion!
- Supporting UBT Health and Safety Champions: Action Guide Get the most out of your rounding conversations with champions.
- Go KP [KP intranet] Go KP is a program for Kaiser Permanente employees that helps us move more, eat well and thrive!
- UBT Health and Safety Champions PowerPoint Template Build a culture of health and safety with this slide deck.
- UBT Health and Safety Champions Word Template Inspire a culture of health and safety with this template.
- Speaking Up Keeps Us Safe Ideas that will encourage your teammates to voice ideas.
- 3 Essential Tips for Workplace Safety Identify and banish workplace hazards.
- Workplace Safety [KP intranet] Visit the national Workplace Safety site for tools and information on eliminating all causes of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Instant Recess [HRconnect] Looking for a fun and easy way to fit physical activity into your team's workday? The Instant Recess toolkit tells you how.