What Team Process Means
To enhance communication and participation, unit-based teams use processes that are designed to encourage teamwork, like outcome-oriented meetings and frequent huddles. Teams also regularly analyze data to make sure their improvement efforts are on track. Advanced UBTs employ more sophisticated approaches that include adopting or spreading successful practices and getting input from Kaiser Permanente members and patients.
Resources by Team Level
Top 5 Team Process Resources
- Checklists for Running a Meeting Run a meeting from start to finish.
- Meeting Planning Find greater efficiency by following these planning tips.
- 10 Essential Tips for Huddles These tips can help maximize your team's huddles.
- Nine Steps to Create a Storytelling Run Chart Tell your UBT's success story visually.
- Incorporating the Patient's Voice in UBT Work How to include patients in improvement work.
What's It Look Like in Practice?
- The Three Cs to Success Consistency, communication, collaboration bring better care.
- Giving Patients a Voice Caregivers get tips from patients.
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Data Once you get over your fear, numbers become your friends.
- Steal Shamelessly Making the most of a good idea.
- Don't Be Shy A team spreads a proven practice and helps save lives.