Kaiser Permanente is a leader in multiple measures of clinical quality — and unit-based teams are a key to that success. Partnering together in high-performing teams, frontline workers, managers and physicians are improving patient access, expanding preventive care and increasing patient safety.
These joint efforts have helped make Kaiser Permanente a national leader in quality. In 2021, for the 13th year in a row, Kaiser Permanente was highest performing for the most measures in the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s Quality Compass® report. Kaiser Permanente health plans were highest performing for nearly 70 measures of quality, including breast cancer screening, colon cancer screening, and nearly 30 behavioral health measures.
Resources for Improving Quality
- Tips for Improving Health Screenings How to help patients prevent potential problems.
- PPT: Primary Care UBT Helps Control Blood Pressure "Under Pressure" should be just a song title.
- Postcard: Quality: NCAL Health Ed Team Healthy babies through best practices.
- Tips for Flu Prevention How to protect yourself and our members from this virus.
- 10 Essential Tips for Keeping Patients Injury-Free These tips can help keep your patients free from injury.
Need an Idea? Borrow One!
- Teamwork Eases Pain of Change Unity delivers better care.
- Creating a Safety Net for Sickle Cell Patients Helping patients live full and healthier lives.
- The Three Cs to Success Consistency, communication, collaboration bring better care.
- A Vaccinating Challenge A pediatrics team meets its HPV vaccine goals.