Workforce of the Future
The future of health care starts with you.
We want to help you sharpen your skills to do the best job possible.
All employees can visit the new Career Resource Center, search career paths, use tuition reimbursement to take courses and explore Workforce Development Week to connect with resources to build your career.
Eligible union members can:
• Access career counseling, courses and more through 3 Labor Management Partnership-supported education trusts, Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust, SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund and SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training Fund.
• Sign up for the critical skills essential to meeting the changing demands of health care.
Also, check out our Future Ready Workforce of the Future Thought Leader Series.
Use the materials below to help prepare for the future. For questions about the Workforce of the Future initiative, email national-wfpd [at] kp.org (National Workforce Planning and Development).
Practical Communication Tools
- Career Resource Center Start planning your career here.
- 5 Ways to Build Your Career Tips from a top leader.
- Manager’s Guide to Workforce Development Learn what resources are available.
- Find Your Path Learn about Kaiser Permanente’s new career paths tool.
- Workforce of the Future Facilitator's Guide Discuss Workforce of the Future with any audience.
- Managing Career Growth Guides to address common challenges to career advancement.
- How-To Guide: Workforce Development Find services available to union-represented workers.
See It in Action
- Keep Learning to Stay Future Ready View recording of webcast on the future of workforce learning
- 5 Tips to Build Your Career Explore Workforce Development Week resources.
- Trusts Build Job Skills and Careers Preparing workforce for jobs of tomorrow.
- Finding Your Path Explore career options with new career paths tool.
- Learn Long and Prosper How tuition reimbursement helps workers, managers and KP.
- Navigating the Future Get ready now, build skills for the years to come.
- How Managers Can Support Career Development Great managers build their team's skills. Here's how.
- National Workforce Planning and Development Learn about tuition reimbursement, career paths, critical skills and more.
- Ben Hudnall Memorial Trust Resources for members of Partnership unions other than SEIU.
- SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund Resources for members of SEIU locals in Northern California, Southern California, Northwest and Colorado regions.
- SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training Fund Resources for members of SEIU locals in Washington.