What Leadership Means
Stepping up as a leader of your department’s unit-based team—as a UBT co-lead or a UBT health and safety champion—means you’ll be guiding the team to make your department a great place to work and to receive care. You’ll lead meetings, facilitate partnership processes like interest-based problem solving, coach team members and advocate for the team’s success. You’ll also help the team develop along the Path to Performance.
Resources by Team Level
Top 5 Leadership Resources
- 10 Essential Tips for Union Co-leads Help your team work together for better patient care.
- 10 Essential Tips for Managing in Partnership Practical advice for frontline engagement.
- Co-Lead Action Planning Worksheet Get going on successful co-lead agreements, plans.
- Leadership Success Factors Define your leadership gains.
- Health and Safety Champions A practical guide for UBT Health and Safety champions.
Leadership in Action
- Portraits in Partnership: A manager's point of view What's partnership got to do with management?
- Portraits in Partnership: A union worker's point of view How working in partnership changed one staff member's outlook.
- Portraits in Partnership: A physician's point of view A doctor explains why partnership makes care better.
- Getting Healthy Together A lab team focuses on total health—and improves service at the same time.
- Stepping Up to Total Health A KP nurse transforms her health and her life.