Well-run meetings keep members of unit-based teams connected. Employees, managers and physicians can share information and solve problems face to face.
Poorly planned or badly run meetings, on the other hand, waste participants' time and lead to frustration and cynicism.
This guide will help you plan and conduct meetings that build teamwork and help your UBT make improvements that benefit our members and patients.
Do These Things Before Your Meeting
- Planning a Meeting: Why and Who? Clarify why you are having this meeting in the first place.
- Meeting Sanity Check How much can you reasonably accomplish in the time allotted?
- Meeting Logistics Just the nuts and bolts: Phone jacks, flip charts, markers.
- Agenda Planning Template Co-leads can plan ahead to ensure a productive meeting.
- Checklist: Four Phases of a Meeting How to plan, open, run and close your meeting.
On the Day of Your Meeting
- Meeting Agenda Template Fill in this agenda for your team meeting.
- Checklists for Running a Meeting Run a meeting from start to finish.
- Poster: Action Item List Take action to keep track of your next steps.
- Meeting Notes Template Use this template to make taking meeting minutes a breeze.
- UBT Meeting Report-Out Capture feedback and report meeting outcomes to your team.