What are health and safety champions?
- Help their teams improve health and safety
- Be role models for their colleagues and KP’s members
- Have fun and make a difference!
Already a champion?
We help you by providing a new activity every month to do with your team, and a flier about it will be posted here. Or, look through past months for additional activities!
Help us help you
Please take a quick survey about our Monthly Tele-Town Hall calls and how we can make them better.
Want to Be a Champion?
- What Are UBT Health and Safety Champions? This poster lists duties of UBT health and safety champions.
- Be a UBT Health and Safety Champion Every team needs a health and safety champion.
- FAQs About UBT Health and Safety Champions What's the champions' role? Get your questions answered.
- Tracking Health and Safety Champions Hints for using UBT Tracker for health and safety champions.
- UBT Health and Safety Champions Reference Guide Become a spark plug for change in your department.
- Health and Safety Champions — November 2020 Focus Show gratitude by recognizing the great work of others.
- Health and Safety Champions — October 2020 Focus Take action to identify hazards, develop solutions and create a safe workplace.
- Health and Safety Champions — September 2020 Focus Self-care is health care. Get your health screenings and flu shot.
- Health and Safety Champions — August 2020 Focus Make the workplace safer to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Health and Safety Champions — July 2020 Focus Find fun, healthy ways to move with a scavenger hunt.
- Health and Safety Champions — June 2020 Focus Keep everyone safe from harm with physical distancing.
- Health and Safety Champions — May 2020 Focus Give your team a boost with financial wellness tips and tools.
- Health and Safety Champions — April 2020 Focus Calm the tension before feelings spin out of control.
- Health and Safety Champions — March 2020 Focus Too stressed to sleep? Help your co-workers get better rest.
- Health and Safety Champions — February 2020 Focus Help your team avoid slips, trips, and falls.
- Health and Safety Champions — January 2020 Focus Boost your mood with the foods you choose.
- 2019 Fliers Fliers from 2019.
- 2018 fliers Check out the 2018 fliers.
- 2017 fliers View fliers from 2017.
- Supporting UBT Health and Safety Champions: Action Guide Get the most out of your rounding conversations with champions.
- UBT Health and Safety Champions PowerPoint Template Build a culture of health and safety with this slide deck.
- UBT Health and Safety Champions Word Template Inspire a culture of health and safety with this template.
- Speaking Up Keeps Us Safe Ideas that will encourage your teammates to voice ideas.
- 3 Essential Tips for Workplace Safety Identify and banish workplace hazards.
- Workplace Safety [KP intranet] Visit the national Workplace Safety site for tools and information on eliminating all causes of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Instant Recess [MyHR] Looking for a fun and easy way to fit physical activity into your team's workday? The Instant Recess toolkit tells you how.
- Go KP [KP intranet] Go KP is a program for Kaiser Permanente employees that helps us move more, eat well and thrive!