What are health and safety champions?
- Help their teams improve health and safety
- Be role models for their colleagues and KP’s members
- Have fun and make a difference!
Already a champion?
We help you by providing a new activity every month to do with your team, and a flier about it will be posted here. Or, look through past months for additional activities!
Help us help you
Please take a quick survey about our Monthly Tele-Town Hall calls and how we can make them better.
Want to Be a Champion?
- What Are UBT Health and Safety Champions? This poster lists duties of UBT health and safety champions.
- Be a UBT Health and Safety Champion Every team needs a health and safety champion.
- FAQs About UBT Health and Safety Champions What's the champions' role? Get your questions answered.
- Tracking Health and Safety Champions Hints for using UBT Tracker for health and safety champions.
- Health and Safety Champions — November 2019 Focus Showing gratitude for others can reduce your stress.
- Health and Safety Champions — October 2019 Focus Use proper body mechanics and reduce risks to avoid injury.
- Health and Safety Champions — September 2019 Focus Build trust, respect, and value with your teammates.
- Health and Safety Champions — August 2019 Focus Do you know what to do in case of a spill?
- Health and Safety Champions — July 2019 Focus Ways to reduce prediabetes risk.
- Health and Safety Champions — June 2019 Focus Put your Department Safety Action Plan into motion.
- Health and Safety Champions — May 2019 Focus Grow healthier together! Urge teammates to get screened.
- Health and Safety Champions — April 2019 Focus Don't let distractions derail your focus on safety.
- Health and Safety Champions — March 2019 Focus Not getting enough sleep? Help your team catch some ZZZs.
- Health and Safety Champions — February 2019 Focus Trying to lose — or maintain — weight? Don't go it alone.
- Health and Safety Champions — January 2019 Focus Find and fix safety hazards with this easy-to-use tool.
- 2018 fliers Check out the 2018 fliers.
- 2017 fliers View fliers from 2017.
- UBT Health and Safety Champions PowerPoint Template Build a culture of health and safety with this slide deck.
- UBT Health and Safety Champions Word Template Inspire a culture of health and safety with this template.
- Speaking Up Keeps Us Safe Ideas that will encourage your teammates to voice ideas.
- 3 Essential Tips for Workplace Safety Identify and banish workplace hazards.
- Workplace Safety [KP intranet] Visit the national Workplace Safety site for tools and information on eliminating all causes of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Instant Recess [MyHR] Looking for a fun and easy way to fit physical activity into your team's workday? The Instant Recess toolkit tells you how.
- Go KP [KP intranet] Go KP is a program for Kaiser Permanente employees that helps us move more, eat well and thrive!