What are health and safety champions?
- Help their teams improve health and safety
- Be role models for their colleagues and KP’s members
- Have fun and make a difference!
Already a champion?
We help you by providing a new activity every month to do with your team, and a flier about it will be posted here. Or, look through past months for additional activities!
Help us help you
Please take a quick survey about our Monthly Tele-Town Hall calls and how we can make them better.
Want to Be a Champion?
- What Are UBT Health and Safety Champions? This poster lists duties of UBT health and safety champions.
- Be a UBT Health and Safety Champion Every team needs a health and safety champion.
- FAQs About UBT Health and Safety Champions What's the champions' role? Get your questions answered.
- Tracking Health and Safety Champions Hints for using UBT Tracker for health and safety champions.
Activity Calendar and Fliers
- Health and Safety Champions Activity Calendar—Q4-2017 October-December activities for health and safety champions.
- Health and Safety Champions—January 2018 Focus Three simple steps to prevent injuries in your department.
- Health and Safety Champions—November 2017 Focus Want to feel better? Show gratitude.
- Health and Safety Champions—October 2017 Focus Boo! Don't be scary. Prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Health and Safety Champions—September 2017 Focus Reduce stress and help boost your team's performance.
- Health and Safety Champions—August 2017 Focus Prevent injury and illness by stopping for safety.
- Health and Safety Champions—July 2017 Focus Quick tips for fighting prediabetes.
- Health and Safety Champions—June 2017 Focus Quick tips to de-escalate tempers and tensions.
- Health and Safety Champions—May 2017 Focus Fun ideas for getting fit with your team.
- Health and Safety Champions—April 2017 Focus Help your teammates identify and avoid ergonomic injuries.
- Health and Safety Champions—March 2017 Focus Spring forward to spring screenings.
- Health and Safety Champions—February 2017 Focus Take a safety walk to identify and remove possible hazards.
- Health and Safety Champions—January 2017 Focus Three ways to manage your weight after the holidays.
- Speaking Up Keeps Us Safe Ideas that will encourage your teammates to voice ideas.
- 3 Essential Tips for Workplace Safety Identify and banish workplace hazards.
- Workplace Safety [KP intranet] Visit the national Workplace Safety site for tools and information on eliminating all causes of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Instant Recess [MyHR] Looking for a fun and easy way to fit physical activity into your team's workday? The Instant Recess toolkit tells you how.
- Go KP [KP intranet] Go KP is a program for Kaiser Permanente employees that helps us move more, eat well and thrive!
- Health and Safety Champions—November 2016 Focus Season your holidays with a sprinkle of gratitude.
- Health and Safety Champions—October 2016 Focus Scare away the goblins that cause slips, trips and falls.
- Health and Safety Champions—September 2016 Focus Help your team create a healthy SMART goal.
- Health and Safety Champions—August 2016 Focus Give your team lift (and a vote) in working more safely.
- Health and Safety Champions—July 2016 Focus Make healthy snacks and fun part of your workday!
- Health and Safety Champions—June 2016 Focus Tips for helping your team through workplace safety hazards.
- Health and Safety Champions—May 2016 Focus Instant recess! Help your team take a daily active break.
- Health and Safety Champions—April 2016 Focus Lead a safety walk-around with your team.
- Health and Safety Champions—March 2016 Focus Tell teammates about the importance of health screenings.
- Health and Safety Champions—February 2016 Focus How to support speaking out for a safer workplace.