This training is designed to teach participants effective day-to-day decision-making and problem-solving skills using interest-based language and behaviors to understand another person’s point of view and come to a resolution together.
Path to Performance
Levels 1, 2
4 hours (classroom, virtual)
- Understand the formal process of Consensus Decision Making (CDM) and Interest-Based Conversations.
- Learn to apply collaborative communication skills during the CDM and Interest-based Problem Solving (IBPS) processes in everyday work.
- Identify and use Interest-based Conversation language and behaviors in everyday conversations.
- Understand how to move through a discussion using Interest-based Conversation methods effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to reach a consensus by solving problems using interest-based language techniques.
Who should attend
Anyone seeking foundational knowledge of effective communication through Interest-based Problem Solving and Consensus Decision Making. These methods are foundational for working in a Labor Partnership Management environment.