Inventing Better Care
Unit-based teams are one of partnership’s gifts to our members and patients
Unit-based teams, or UBTs, are our engine for improving performance and creating the best place to work, and the partnership’s Path to Performance matrix helps guide teams’ development. Whether you’re new to the world of unit-based teams or a seasoned UBT consultant, the Path to Performance section of LMPartnership.org will give you the tips and tools you need to help your team succeed.
The ABCs of UBTs
If you’re new or need to explain UBTs to a new person, go straight to the UBT Basics page for an explanation of unit-based teams, information about roles and responsibilities, and more.
Already a superuser?
Go straight to any of the seven performance dimensions from the drop-down in the main navigation bar. You’ll get a thoughtfully chosen list of top resources as well as links to videos and stories that bring to life why the work matters.
Explore the Path to Performance
The Path to Performance matrix provides a consistent way for unit-based teams to continually improve their teamwork and how they do their work. It sets expectations for beginning Level 1 teams on through high-performing Level 5 teams in seven different performance dimensions.
Everyone benefits from this progression, because as teams become high performing, they have fewer workplace injuries and better attendance, service scores and quality outcomes.
Sounds good, right? Help your team move from Level 1 up to Level 5 by visiting our Introduction to the Path page — it will lead you to recommended next steps, customized by team level and performance dimension.
Top 5 list for super-users
Keeping meetings fresh and ideas flowing are priorities for the senior unit-based team consultant and union partnership representative who team up to help the 46 UBTs at the Fresno Medical Center — so they turn to LMPartnership.org almost every day. These super-users have come up with a Top 5 list to help others maximize their time and use of the website.
- Path to Performance: Has nearly everything you need to help teams understand — and move up — the Path to Performance.
- Contracts and Agreements: The National Agreement is key to understanding and driving our Labor Management Partnership. It’s the reason we’re doing what we’re doing. Everyone should read it.
- LMP Focus Areas: Total Health and Workplace Safety: We refer to this section often, particularly when there is a new UBT health and safety champion. This also is a great resource for team members and co-leads who want to stay up to date on monthly health and safety activities.
- Team-Tested Practices and Videos: Since these are our two favorite sections, we’re giving them a tie. There are so many wonderful stories in the Videos section of the Library, and you can quickly find a lot of UBT project ideas in the Team-Tested Practices section.
- Search: The Search function is the best part of LMPartnership.org! It’s like the LMP “Google” feature. Anything you can think of you can search for — and boom! — there it is.